I found all four social media sites very interesting - but not something I will return to on a regular basis. And not something we will use in our library. They could be somewhat of a productivity detractor - depending on how much time you spend visiting them.
It was kind of fun to look at the top stories and I could see how someone could get really wrapped up in one of these sites. For example, on MIXX you can try to become a Super Mixxer - "Super Mixxers will have the option to link a piece of content with any other previously Mixxed story, photo or video with our Related Items feature. Super Mixxers also have the ability to flag content submitted by themselves and others as Breaking News. As we roll out more cool toys, Super Mixxers will gain more privileges."
The articles I tried recommending had already been submitted by other users, which makes me think that you need to be watching for "breaking news" to be able to submit something new. That could be time intensive.
I did find this interesting article on Mixx that I forwarded to a friend:
Michael Pollan: Don't Eat Anything That Doesn't Rot
http://www.alternet.org/healthwellness/76987/?page=1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment