ELM is a great resource that the state of Minnesota provides. We use Business Source Premier and Proquest most often at our library. The Datamonitor reports with SWOT analysis and Conference Call Transcripts from Business Source Premier are requested often by our users. We would normally have to purchase these documents. Proquest has StarTribune articles as well as other popular newspaper articles that we occasionally need.
The RSS alert I set up in Business Source Premier on our company name will gather current company news and reports to share with our users. It will be interesting to see how quickly the database is updated, compared to others.
I liked the web page option in Proquest and can see using this to share documents, but I'm not crazy about the page composer in Academic Search Premier. Maybe I'm not setting it up correctly, my computer at work will not let me view the short video.
I set up an account in netLibrary, but I was frustrated because I kept getting prompted to login every time I tried to view a page in a book. So I waited an hour and then went to netLibary from the Hennepin County Library website and didn't have a problem. I found a book on Oral Histories and left a note for my manager on the page where there was a form that I thought we should use. I left the book and when I went back in, the note was there. It will act as a bookmark for me.
I think our users can and do use ELM - we push it when we can. I think we and our users will use the alerts/rss feeds. And I want to start using the web page feature to send out literature search results. I'm not crazy about netLibrary. I rarely find anything that I'm looking for. We subscribe to www.knovel.com, which is good for our engineers, and we are considering purchasing books for MyiLibrary from Ingram.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment