I like the wiki concept. It sounds like a great way to gather the expertise of many - if you can get people to try it.
I'm planning on creating a wiki of "logins", there are only 2 full time librarians in our library and we both have lists of the all the logins for various databases, journal websites, etc. We were thinking of ways to share our logins (E. Meylor gave us a great idea of storing them in "Notes" on Outlook and we have been doing this). It saves us time not having to register for each website that we may only need to visit once or twice a year. I think a wiki would be another way of sharing our logins. We can add to it every time we create a new one.
Regarding the banning of wikis by teachers. If students are using inaccurate information from wikis for their research papers, I guess I can understand why teachers wouldn't want students to use them. Maybe teachers need to tell their students that if they use a wiki as a source for their research that they need to verify that the information is accurate.
I edited the "23 Things on a Stick" wiki.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment