The productivity hints were helpful. I hate being interrupted every few minutes checking email but unfortunately need to do so. Our CEO may be leaving for a client visit or a quality engineer at one of our plants may have an immediate need for a test method and the list goes on.
Maybe IMing would be best for those rush requests... But I can't find out because our IT department has blocked Google Talk, Yahoo! Messenger and AOL Instant Messaging from all computers at our company.
I love text messaging - it is the way I communicate most often with my sons. I think it would be a great way to receive library notices. I'd rather receive a text message than a voice mail. The only problem is that I'm a bit slow texting - but that would probably change if I did it all the time. I'm not sure if it would go over at our library because of the corporate environment, I don't have access to employees cell phone numbers - just their desk phones. I'd certainly be willing to try it.
Many of our vendors are providing training and/or product demos with Web conferencing. I love this type of training/presenting. I can still ask any questions that I want but it's more relaxing than having the rep sitting right next to you. I can sit back and eat or drink a cup of coffee.
I viewed the Minitex webinar: Library 2.0.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment